I'm just learning React and ran into a problem. I'm making a bunch of counter components that look like this :
The problem is that I have defined the state in each of these counters which is 3 of them and I'd like to pass the value (number) into the parent so I can add it up and display the total count.
Here is my child counter component:
import React, { useState } from "react";
const Counter = () => {
const [count, setcount] = useState(0)
const handleIncrement=()=>{
setcount(count+1);
}
const handleDecrement=()=>{
setcount(count+-1);
}
return (
<div>
<button onClick={()=>{handleIncrement()}}>+</button>
<span>{count}</span>
<button onClick={()=>{handleDecrement()}}>-</button>
</div>
);
};
export default Counter;
And here is the parent which I want to pass my values to so I can add them up and show the total :
import React from 'react'
import Counter from './Counter'
const Counters = () => {
return (
<>
<h3>totalcount:</h3>
<Counter/>
<Counter/>
<Counter/>
</>
)
}
export default Counters
What I tried was to make multiple states but I can't get a good way to make this. I know there's an easy answer for this and I'm making it too complicated. If you guys have other optimization for my code please share.
