I might need some help with better explaining and defining this problem, as is i only know this happens in chrome devtools, that the code i'm looking at has been compiled with parcel, and that i'm using some version of typescript after 4.4.
I've stepped a few lines after 500 here, and const parsed shows as undefined both when i hover and in the scope window. If it were indeed undefined, parsed.type should have thrown, as well as the line i'm at - 506 where it accesses .value
However, after a few more steps, i land on 507 (!) and now i can see that there is indeed something in parsed and that there must have been before stepping (the scope window shows parsed as {type: 'ok', value: 'custom-plot'}.
I have very limited experience with parcel, but i'm positive that i've been able to get a better experience debugging typescript when nailing a proper setup for webpack. Where and how could i even start debugging this?
At a minimum, i'd like to tell the debugger to move past 500, and really truly see whats in that variable after that assignment.
EDIT
I've upgraded parcel and got this to behave better out of the box, still im curious which part of the tool chain was causing this.

