splash screen and icon are not updated when building my app with eas build

Viewed 516

I'm trying to make the .aab and .apk of my application in react native with eas-cli, everything is achieved very well, but despite the fact that I change versions in my app.json, and update the image directories, having the app installed on my phone uses the icons and splash screen that come by default with expo. I would like to know how to make them update, I already verified that my directories were fine

app.json

{
  "expo": {
    "name": "xooc-numeros",
    "slug": "xooc-numeros",
    "version": "2.2.1",
    "orientation": "portrait",
    "icon": "./assets/imgs/icon1.png",
    "userInterfaceStyle": "light",
    "splash": {
      "image": "./assets/imgs/splash1.png",
      "resizeMode": "contain",
      "backgroundColor": "#ffffff"
    },
    "packagerOpts": {
      "sourceExts": [
        "cjs"
      ]
    },
    "updates": {
      "fallbackToCacheTimeout": 0
    },
    "assetBundlePatterns": [
      "**/*"
    ],
    "ios": {
      "supportsTablet": true
    },
    "android": {
      "adaptiveIcon": {
        "foregroundImage": "./assets/imgs/adaptative-icon1.png",
        "backgroundColor": "#000000"
      },
      "versionCode": 3
    },
    "web": {
      "favicon": "./assets/imgs/adaptative-icon1.png"
    },
    "description": "Contar nĂºmeros en maya"
  }
}

eas.json

  {
  "cli": {
    "version": ">= 0.52.0"
  },
  "build": {
    "development": {
      "distribution": "internal",
      "android": {
        "gradleCommand": ":app:assembleDebug"
      },
      "ios": {
        "buildConfiguration": "Debug"
      }
    },
    "preview": {
      "distribution": "internal"
    },
    "production": {}
  },
  "submit": {
    "production": {}
  }
}
1 Answers

I had a similar issue; in my case, the command "eas build" was ignoring the config on app.json. It was ignored because my project had the folder "android" and the build was using the configuration in this folder. After I deleted this directory, solved the problem. In my case, I don't have any custom configuration in the directory "android". Don't remove this folder before knowing if there is anything that you are using there.

Related