I am getting an error while loading 'en_core_web_sm' of spacy in Databricks notebook. I have seen a lot of other questions regarding the same, but they are of no help.
The code is as follows
import spacy
!python -m spacy download en_core_web_sm
from spacy import displacy
nlp = spacy.load("en_core_web_sm")
# Process
text = ("This is a test document")
doc = nlp(text)
I get the error "OSError: [E050] Can't find model 'en_core_web_sm'. It doesn't seem to be a Python package or a valid path to a data directory"
The details of installation are
Python - 3.8.10
spaCy version 3.3
It simply does not work. I tried the following
ℹ spaCy installation:
/databricks/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/spacy
NAME SPACY VERSION
en_core_web_sm >=2.2.2 3.3.0 ✔
But the error still remains
Not sure if this message is relevant
/databricks/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/spacy/util.py:845: UserWarning: [W094] Model 'en_core_web_sm' (2.2.5) specifies an under-constrained spaCy version requirement: >=2.2.2. This can lead to compatibility problems with older versions, or as new spaCy versions are released, because the model may say it's compatible when it's not. Consider changing the "spacy_version" in your meta.json to a version range, with a lower and upper pin. For example: >=3.3.0,<3.4.0 warnings.warn(warn_msg)
Also the message when installing 'en_core_web_sm"
"Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable"
Any help will be appreciated
Ganesh