Grafana not supporting Alert other than TimeSeries Visualization

Viewed 145

I want to achieve an alert for my variable count of services(ex:227) of gauge-based visualization. But in the panel of the Dashboard of Grafana, I cannot see the Alert tab, but when I select Timeseries as Visualization, I can see the Alert tab. However, my data doesn't have a timestamp and it sends data for a count of services only. Please refer to below link for images.

Gauge as a visualtization Timeseries as a visualtization

1 Answers

Alerting on Gauge is not supported. You can follow the github issue here

in the mean time you can hack your SQL to be a timeseries and only care about the last instance:

select now() as time, count(*) As single_stat from my_table
union all
select now()-interval '10 minute', '0'
union all
select now()-interval '20 minute', '0'
union all
select now()-interval '30 minute', '0'
Related