My team is using GitLab Premium. In the project settings, under Merge request approvals, there is an Approval rules section. In the first row, we increased the Approvals required number to 1 so that every merge request must be approved by at least one other teammate. So far so good.
I can see there is also a License-Check rule and Coverage-Check rule that can be enabled and what they do is pretty self-explanatory. There is also an Add approval rule button where you can set a name and approvers for a new rule, but you can't actually describe/choose what the actual rule should be. All the documentation I could find simply explains how to click around that UI.
How do you actually set new rules and is it possible to write own custom rules?
For example, we'd like to set a rule that only a subset of the team can approve "large" merge requests (where "large" is defined by the number of lines changed, as reported by git log). I imagine that would be something similar to License-Check or Coverage-Check, but written by us. Is that possible?
