Is it possible to learn and use Blazor without prior knowledge or experience with Razor?

Viewed 67

Intent is to add a UI to an existing web api implemented in Net5. I thought of blazor as it enables real time updates to the client. However as I am trying to learn blazor, there doesnt seem to be a line that differentiates between blazor and razor. The default template for blazor even has cshtml. So to my question: Is it possible to learn and use Blazor without prior knowledge or experience with Razor?

1 Answers

Absolutely. Understand that most of the dot net web frameworks are designed to compliment or interact with each other. For example, you can integrate existing MVC architecture into a Blazor website. I've never done it, but I've read that it's fairly trivial too use old razor pages as well.

I had never used Razor pages before I started learning Blazor . After a week or two watching tutorials or reading the documentation on MSDN, I was well on my way to developing my newest site. And because I was already reasonably proficient with C sharp, I found Blazor extremely easy to use and it was probably the first time in awhile that I actually enjoyed programming like I used to when I was a kid.

Related