How can I downgrade project created with "npx create-react-app . --template typescript". All posts I find online suggest manually changing dependencies then to run "npm install" but there's always some error when I do that. How can I modify dependencies to make it work with react v17 ?
here's my attempt to downgrade :
"dependencies": {
"@testing-library/jest-dom": "^5.16.4",
"@testing-library/react": "^13.2.0",
"@testing-library/user-event": "^13.5.0",
"@types/jest": "^27.5.1",
"@types/node": "^16.11.36",
"@types/react": "^17.0.2",
"@types/react-dom": "^17.0.2",
"react": "^17.0.2",
"react-dom": "^17.0.2",
"react-scripts": "5.0.1",
"typescript": "^4.6.4",
"web-vitals": "^2.1.4"
}
and here is errors:
npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
npm WARN While resolving: hard-keys-react17@0.1.0
npm WARN Found: react@18.1.0
npm WARN node_modules/react
npm WARN react@"^17.0.2" from the root project
npm WARN 3 more (@testing-library/react, react-dom, react-scripts)
npm WARN
npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
npm WARN peer react@"^18.0.0" from @testing-library/react@13.2.0
npm WARN node_modules/@testing-library/react
npm WARN @testing-library/react@"^13.2.0" from the root project
npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
npm WARN While resolving: hard-keys-react17@0.1.0
npm WARN Found: react@18.1.0
npm WARN node_modules/react
npm WARN react@"^17.0.2" from the root project
npm WARN 3 more (@testing-library/react, react-dom, react-scripts)
npm WARN
npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
npm WARN peer react@"^18.1.0" from react-dom@18.1.0
npm WARN node_modules/react-dom
npm WARN react-dom@"^17.0.2" from the root project
npm WARN 1 more (@testing-library/react)
npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
npm WARN While resolving: hard-keys-react17@0.1.0
npm WARN Found: react-dom@18.1.0
npm WARN node_modules/react-dom
npm WARN react-dom@"^17.0.2" from the root project
npm WARN 1 more (@testing-library/react)
npm WARN
npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
npm WARN peer react-dom@"^18.0.0" from @testing-library/react@13.2.0
npm WARN node_modules/@testing-library/react
npm WARN @testing-library/react@"^13.2.0" from the root project