I am having a question about how to implement a callback function. In my case, I have a React app with this structure: App > Child > Button components
The problem is I do not know how to write a callback function from Button to Child
I would like to update a value in Child (e.g: inputFromButton) after clicking the button in Button Component. The handleClick() is triggered and a value will be sent to the Child component. Could someone help me to do this?
Here is my code:https://codesandbox.io/s/nifty-stonebraker-0950w8 The App component
import React from 'react';
import Child from './Child';
class App extends React.Component {
constructor(props) {
super(props);
this.state = {
data: 'Data from App'
}
}
handleCallback = (childData) => {
this.setState({ data: childData })
}
render() {
const { data } = this.state;
return (
<div>
<Child dataFromApp={data} />
</div>
)
}
}
export default App
The Child component
import React from 'react';
import { renderButton } from './Button';
class Child extends React.Component {
state = {
inputFromApp: "",
inputFromButton: ""
}
componentDidMount() {
this.setState({
inputFromApp: this.props.dataFromApp
})
}
render() {
const renderButtonItem = renderButton(this.props);
const inputFromApp = this.state.inputFromApp
const inputFromButton= this.state.inputFromButton
return (
<div>
<input value={inputFromApp}></input>
<br></br>
<input value={inputFromButton}></input>
<div>{renderButtonItem}</div>
</div>
)
}
}
export default Child
The Button component
import React from 'react';
export const renderButton = (props) => {
const handleClick = () => {
console.log('handleClick() props data from App: ' + props.dataFromApp)
}
return (
<button onClick={handleClick}>Click</button>
)
}