I am creating forms in Orbeon 2021.1.2 PE and I have a problem with handling error calls. I'm creating HTTP service and Action via form builder. I hope to work it out and be able to stay with Builder. I call API witch works similarly to Twitter, so it returns Error HTTP Status Codes also for business errors (see doc https://developer.twitter.com/ja/docs/basics/response-codes and https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-ads-api/response-codes). For easiest example: if I try to find something a if its not in database, I get code 404 with a detailed error in response body.
I need to get a status code + full body (headers will be good too) to the form. I don't want to use modal windows (witch is default in Orbeon) to handle this call. It disturb users + calls often changes the entire workflow (what is visible, etc.). Some calls are even asynchronous.
What is the best solution to this problem in Orbeon? I tried a few things and find block in several places.
1] Solution through property oxf.fr.detail.process.action-service-error.*.*
Here is set default error modal window. I deleted it and found that I can get some values and write them in the form, for example:
xf:setvalue(ref="//control-1", value="event('response-status-code')")
Specifically, these are the values:
event('error-type')
event('response-status-code')
event('resource-uri')
event('response-headers') - get specific via event('response-headers')[lower-case(name) = 'content-lenght']/value
event('response-body') - This not working, it is still supported?
Because it is a global configuration, I start to working where to put these values. I tried to create my own instance but ended up with the fr:insert() function.
I wanted to create a new instance for each submission and then enter separate values (event ('response-status-code'), ...). However, process with fr:insert() does not work and the documentation has poor example (https://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/advanced/buttons-and-processes/actions-xforms#xf-insert)
This do what i want, but in form:
<xf:insert context="xxf:instance('HTTP-ERROR-RESULT')" ref="responses" origin="xxf:instance('HTTP-ERROR-TEMPLATE')"/>
I tried to transform it to process, but with no luck:
xf:insert(into="xxf:instance('HTTP-ERROR-RESULT')/reponses", origin="xxf:instance('HTTP-ERROR-TEMPLATE')")
If this is the right way? How to fix my semantic error in xf:insert() and how do I get response-body (event ('response-body') doesn't work...)? And is some way to get name of submission or action in process (I need some id for find in instance).
2] Another way I tried is through xforms-submit-error in submit but it didn't work too.
Under the structure of what the builder creates:
<xf:action event="xforms-submit-done" ev:observer="echo-submission">
<xf:action class="fr-set-control-value-action">
<xf:var name="control-name" value="'control-2'"/>
<xf:var name="control-value" value="/*"/>
</xf:action>
</xf:action>
I tried to insert the something similar but with xforms-submit-error:
<xf:action event="xforms-submit-error" ev:observer="echo-submission">
<xf:action class="fr-set-control-value-action">
<xf:var name="control-name" value="'control-2'"/>
<xf:var name="control-value" value="/*"/>
</xf:action>
</xf:action>
I found that when using class="fr-service" in submission, I cant catch xforms-submit-error. So is the right solution to write the whole submission yourself outside the builder and work with xforms-submit-error?
Or is there an another elegant solution in Orbeon? Thanks for any reply!