I have a Redis cluster with R5.4xlarge instances in EU Frankfurt region. I have 5 shards and each shard has 3 replicas each. I am not able to autoscale this cluster. From the AWS docs, I know that AWS Elasticache provides autoscaling by increasing
- Number of shards or
- Number of replicas
From the docs :-
ElastiCache for Redis supports scaling for the following dimensions:
Shards – Automatically add/remove shards in the cluster similar to manual online resharding. In this case, ElastiCache for Redis auto scaling triggers scaling on your behalf.
Replicas – Automatically add/remove replicas in the cluster similar to manual Increase/Decrease replica operations. ElastiCache for Redis auto scaling adds/removes replicas uniformly across all shards in the cluster.
However, I am not able to find the provision to autoscale based on metrics. Is autoscaling possible for the above configuration of cluster in EU Frankfurt region or am I missing out on anything ?