deployment Failed with Error: Package deployment using ZIP Deploy failed. Refer logs for more details

Viewed 1845

I am trying to deploy my code to azure app service using git. But I am getting error "deployment Failed with Error: Package deployment using ZIP Deploy failed. Refer logs for more details". It was working perfectly 2 days back but suddenly it starts crashing.

There is nothing helpfull in logs.

Error Screenshot

2 Answers

You can try the following workarounds to resolve this issue:

  1. If you are using the VS code then use the VS Code Azure Tool Extension.

  2. In App service -->go to the "Deployment Center" blade, and click on the "Disconnect" button on top. After that re-run the release pipeline.

I got this error accompanied by several other messages on the output log. One of the other messages was:

Malformed SCM_RUN_FROM_PACKAGE when uploading built content.

There is another StackOverflow topic which tries to solve this error.

When I tried to create a Function App through Azure Portal and then upload locally developed Functions to that Function App, I would get these errors.

My solution was to create the Function App through VSCode directly, using the VSCode Azure Extension.

Maybe this solution will work the same for App Services.

Related