I'm having some issues with my local environment at my new company, specifically related to postgres ports. I am fresh out of coding bootcamp, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
The first time I set up my local environment, I apparently had something running on port 5432 (must have been from bootcamp), so we adjusted the .env and docker-compose.yml files to replace port 5432 with port 5435. The environment was working fine until I pulled down the most recent code. I am now trying to connect to port 5432 to stay consistent with the repo, but my docker desktop is still running the db on port 5435.
Any suggestions? Is there a command to kill all ports to ensure I am starting from a clean slate?
docker desktop:
api_adminer_1 adminer RUNNING PORT: 8080
api_test_1 postgres RUNNING PORT: 5431
api_db_1 postgres RUNNING PORT: 5435
docker-compose.yml file:
version: "3.1"
services:
db:
image: postgres
restart: always
environment:
POSTGRES_USER: postgres
POSTGRES_PASSWORD: (removed for stack overflow post)
ports:
- 5432:5432
test:
image: postgres
restart: always
environment:
POSTGRES_DB: test
POSTGRES_USER: test
POSTGRES_PASSWORD: (removed for stack overflow post)
ports:
- 5431:5432
adminer:
image: adminer
restart: always
ports:
- 8080:8080