I am using nu.studer.jooq gradle plugin to generate pojos, tables and records for a PostgreSQL database with tables that have fields of type ENUM.
We already have the enums in the application, so I would like that the generator uses those enums instead of generating new ones.
I defined in build.gradle for the generator: udts = false, so it doesn't generate the enums, and I wrote a custom generator strategy that sets the package for the enums to be the one of the already existing enums.
I have an issue in the generated table fields, the SQLDataType.VARCHAR.asEnumDataType(mypackage.ExistingEnum) doesn't work because the mypackage.ExistingEnum does not implement org.jooq.EnumType.
public enum ExistingEnum {
VAL1, VAL2
}
Generated table record:
public class EntryTable extends TableImpl<EntryRecord> {
public final TableField<EntryRecord, ExistingEnum> MY_FIELD = createField(DSL.name("my_field"), SQLDataType.VARCHAR.asEnumDataType(mypackage.ExistingEnum.class), this, "");
}
Is there something I can do to fix this issue? Also we have a lot of enums, so writing a converter for each of them is not suitable.