I am trying to setup a cluster of 3 RavenDB instances using docker-compose and I am having problems with the RavenDB server not picking up the values in the RAVEN_ environment variables.
At first, I was running a single instance, using this docker-compose file:
version: '3'
services:
ravendb:
build:
context: .
dockerfile: Dockerfile
ports:
- "8080:8080"
- "38888:38888"
volumes:
- ../data:/opt/RavenDB/Server/RavenData
With a simple Dockerfile that used the latest raven image and simply copied a settings.json file into the container.
FROM ravendb/ravendb
COPY settings.json /opt/RavenDB/Server/settings.json
{
"License.Eula.Accepted": true,
"License": {/*License here*/},
"Setup.Mode": "Unsecured",
"Security.UnsecuredAccessAllowed": "PublicNetwork",
"ServerUrl": "http://0.0.0.0:8080",
"ServerUrl.Tcp": "tcp://0.0.0.0:38888"
}
Now that I am trying to setup 3 instances, I wanted to avoid this way of creating the containers, since I would have to have different Dockerfiles and a settings.json file for each one. Therefore, I thought of using a single docker-compose file that creates three containers and configures each one with enviroment variables. I started with a single instance, to see if any problems would arise:
version: '3'
services:
raven1:
container_name: raven1
image: ravendb/ravendb
ports:
- "8080:8080"
- "38888:38888"
environment:
- RAVEN_Security_UnsecuredAccessAllowed=PublicNetwork
- RAVEN_Setup_Mode=Unsecured
- RAVEN_License_Eula_Accepted=true
- "RAVEN_ServerUrl=http://0.0.0.0:8080"
- "RAVEN_ServerUrl_Tcp=tcp://0.0.0.0:38888"
volumes:
- ../data:/opt/RavenDB/Server/RavenData
And arise they did! Despite the environment variables being set correctly, they are not picked up by the server, and the settings.json file is the default one.
root@8ad95cc439d4:/opt/RavenDB/Server# env
RAVEN_ARGS=
RAVEN_Security_UnsecuredAccessAllowed=PublicNetwork
RAVEN_AUTO_INSTALL_CA=true
RAVEN_ServerUrl=http://0.0.0.0:8080
RAVEN_SETTINGS=
RAVEN_ServerUrl_Tcp=tcp://0.0.0.0:38888
RAVEN_IN_DOCKER=true
RAVEN_Setup_Mode=Unsecured
RAVEN_License_Eula_Accepted=true
RAVEN_DataDir=RavenData
root@8ad95cc439d4:/opt/RavenDB/Server# cat settings.json
{
"Security.UnsecuredAccessAllowed": "PrivateNetwork"
}
Any idea why this might be happening? I can't seem to find any mention of issues regarding this.