I have a data frame with the following shape:
0 1
0 OTT:81 DVBC:398
1 OTT:81 DVBC:474
2 OTT:81 DVBC:474
3 OTT:81 DVBC:454
4 OTT:81 DVBC:443
5 OTT:1 DVBC:254
6 DVBC:151 None
7 OTT:1 DVBC:243
8 OTT:1 DVBC:254
9 DVBC:227 None
I want for column 1 to be same as column 0 if column 1 contains "DVBC". The split the values on ":" and the fill the empty ones with 0. The end data frame should look like this
OTT DVBC
0 81 398
1 81 474
2 81 474
3 81 454
4 81 443
5 1 254
6 0 151
7 1 243
8 1 254
9 0 227
I try to do this starting with:
if df[0].str.contains("DVBC") is True:
df[1] = df[0]
But after this the data frame looks the same not sure why. My idea after is to pass the values to the respective columns then split by ":" and rename the columns. How can I implement this?