How to set formatting setting for Maven POM Editor in Eclipse?

Viewed 217

When I open up pom.xml with Maven POM Editor and try to format using default shortcut ctrl + shift + f I expect the file to be formatted as any other .xml with rules that are configured in Preferences -> XML -> XML Files -> Editor. However it is not.

Eclipse Version: 2022-03 (4.23.0)
Eclipse Build id: 20220310-1457

I need to open pom.xml with XML Editor instead. Maven POM Editor formats pom.xml in its own way, that I did not find settings in preferences for.

This is where I find that I need to open it in XML Editor: Autoformat pom.xml without using m2eclipse plugin

Maven POM Editor brings some features and advantages when editing pom.xml over XML Editor (dependency tree, effective pom, navigation in outline...), which I would like to preserve, but also want formatting to be done in my way (with the setting I choose).

Is there a way to set formatting setting for Maven POM Editor?

0 Answers
Related