I am using GitLab and its CI for a project.
I used to test coverage with some CI jobs until these scripts stopped working ("keyword cobertura not valid").
Simultaneously I found that the CI added some "external" jobs automatically handling coverage (see screenshot). I don't why it appeared, maybe because I have linked the project with Codecov external site. This was a pleasant surprise at the time because I didn't have to maintain a special script for coverage.
However eventually now these external coverage tests are failing and I can't merge my changes because of it. Worst part is that these are not normal scripts so I can't see what is wrong with it. And, there is no Retry button even (see screenshot, on the right).
I don't want to throw away my otherwise perfectly working merge request.
How can I see what is wrong about this part of the CI?
Clicking on the failed test send me to Codecov website and I don't see anything wrong with it.
Here it the link to the pipeline: https://gitlab.com/correaa/boost-multi/-/pipelines/540520025
I think I solved the problem, it could have been that coverage percentage decreased (by 0.01% !) and that was interpreted by "the system" as failure. I added test to cover some uncovered lines and the problem was solved.
If this is the right interpretation, this is indeed nice, but also scary, because some big changes sometimes require a hit in coverage. In my particular example, what happened is that I simplified code and the number of total lines when down, making the covered fraction go lower than previously.
