how to export all projects inside a group in gitlab

Viewed 799

we are migrating from self hosted gitlab to gitlab.com subscription. We have parent 28 group and under these groups there are multiple subgroups and projects.

I know I can export one group and it will export all the subgroups under it and then I can import it.

but documentation says to export/import single project at a time. I have almost 3000+ Projects and doing this things 3000+ time is not possible.

Can you please suggest me How can I export/import all the projects under a group regardless it is in a group or under someother subgroup in hierarchy ?

or is there any other way ?

1 Answers

You will need to write scripts that interact with the GitLab API to perform the migration of groups/orgs, projects, branches, and merge requests. See the following post on GitLab's forum for guidance.

Related