AWS EC2 g4ad.2xlarge Windows Server 2019: Virtual Audio Devices not showing in Sound Control Panel / otherwise listed as an Audio Device in OBS

Viewed 274

AWS EC2 Servers do not have a device to process sound output from applications, Windows RDP creates a device while someone is logged in, but it is removed on disconnection. I am using this server to stream game-play from a Unity application, and I want to avoid using Windows RDP just to use the associated sound device in OBS.

I am using an AWS EC2 Instance running Windows Server 2019

I have tried VB-Cable, and each time I install it everything looks great except the virtual device doesn't show up in the Sound Control Panel. I also tried Valve's Steam Link Virtual Speakers, and Voicemod's Virtual Audio Device, and they all are registered as devices in Device Manager's Sound, video and game controllers section, but none of them show up in control panel or in OBS as an audio device in Sound Control Panel. Voicemeeter's Driver check returns the following information:

   *ERROR MME Recording Device not listed.
   *ERROR MME Playback Device not listed.
   *ERROR WDM Recording Device not listed.
   *ERROR WDM Playback Device not listed.
   *ERROR TOTAL FOUND: 4
CHECKING VB-Audio Cable A : Not Installed
CHECKING VB-Audio Cable B : Not Installed
CHECKING VB-Audio Cable C : Not Installed
CHECKING VB-Audio Cable D : Not Installed
CHECKING VB-Audio MT128 Virtual I/O : Not Installed
CHECKING VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable : Not Installed
CHECKING VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO (version 02010502)
   *ERROR MME Recording Device not listed.
   *ERROR MME Playback Device not listed.
   *ERROR WDM Recording Device not listed.
   *ERROR WDM Playback Device not listed.
   *ERROR TOTAL FOUND: 4

Edit: By the way, this is a relatively fresh account, so links are actually images.

0 Answers
Related