I currently have a typical Cloud Run service implemented and want to extend it with some asynchronous functionality, which is executed in response to an incoming HTTP request. These asynchronous tasks would take no longer than 5-10 minutes.
I am now wondering if cloud run services with the "always allocated cpu"-option enabled can guarantee a 15 min window of allocated cpu time after the response of the last request has been send. I understand that an instance, which has not received a request in more than 15min is subject to termination. But is it also the other way around?
I found the following paragraph on the cloud run documentation:
Even if CPU is always allocated, Cloud Run autoscaling is still in effect, and may terminate container instances if they aren't needed to handle incoming traffic. An instance will never stay idle for more than 15 minutes after processing a request (unless it is kept active using min instances).
(https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/serverless/cloud-run-gets-always-on-cpu-allocation)
This is the only time though that the 15 minutes time interval is mentioned in this article and also the gantt chart in the article does not show any fixed time of guaranteed cpu-allocation time after the last sent response.
Is there some guaranteed cpu-time interval after a request?