I'm trying to figure out what the overhead of my data will be given the automatic indexing that happens with Firestore.
First I understand that you are charged for the amount of data that you store in Cloud Firestore, including storage overhead.
I've also read through the Firebase documentation on calculating document size for Firestore in native mode. I used that to calculate a rough estimate of a document, the full collection, and the size of the automatic indexes.
I am looking for a way to check that my calculations are correct. The closest thing I've found is Googles App Engine "Cloud Firestore Stored Data" quota. However, based on my calculations and testing, it seems to me that this only includes user added data and not the automatically created indexes or other metadata. Is that correct? and if so, is there any other way to figure out how much data I have in my Firestore DB besides calculating it by hand?