Customizing which files are shown in Netbeans' Project View under Project Files

Viewed 82

I'm using Netbeans IDE (Version 13) for Java development. In the projects view Netbeans shows a tab for "Project Files". This usually contains files like pom.xml, settings.xml and nb-configuration.xml for an opened Java project.

Now I have added some custom files in the same folder directory as the aforementioned files, namely a Jenkinsfile.config as well as a lombok.config file.

I would like Netbeans to show these files under the "Project Files" tab for each project but until now I wasn't able to find a solution for this.

I already added the file type ".config" as a file association for Netbeans and associated it to the MIME type "Properties Files". Now Netbeans recognizes the files (an even their contents) when in the "Files" view but they are still not shown anywhere in the "Projects" view.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

[EDIT]: Ideally I would prefer a solution that doesn't require installing any plugins from sources outside of Apache (or similar). Maybe it is even possible to just configure Netbeans to show the desired behaviour.

1 Answers

You can download and install plugin readmeinprojectview, see here how. Then go to Tools -> Options -> Miscellaneous -> Display more files. Add the files you need to show in the Project tab. In your case they are Jenkinsfile and lombok.

enter image description here

The plugin by default adds the following files to the project tab under the root project node. Without the plugin, NetBeans for Maven-based projects displays ONLY logical folders under the root project node i.e. "Source Packages" or "Project Files"...

Currently you cannot put the files you want under the "Project files" node. Here is the source code of NetBeans for Maven-based project types. As you can see under the "Project files" node goes the following files only:

  • pom.xml
  • nbactions.xml
  • Files that start with nbactions- and end with .xml
  • nb-configuration.xml
  • Maven's default settings.xml
Related