Websocket connection error : Does not return a 101 changing protocal when using from different path

Viewed 144

I am using easy-rtc with socket.io for multiuser experience in my metaverse project. We maintain the connection in socket.io using polling and web-socket. I am facing problem in web-socket connection when I am trying to give path to the socket.io.

Firstly, I am putting forward the code where I am not using any path. You can get the complete code from here. https://github.com/networked-aframe/networked-aframe/blob/master/server/easyrtc-server.js

Code without Path(1)

Code without Path(2)

Code without Path(3)

The web-socket connection request which I am getting from this code is giving me a 101 changing protocols as expected.

Web-socket connection Request (working Fine)

I am even getting the response for the web-socket request as connecting in the Postman.

Postman web-socket request

Now, My backend is working at localhost:3333/api/ . I am trying to change the path of socket.io in the client and server as shown in the images below. but I am not getting the 101 changing protocol response from web-socket connection request. This is the code after path change.

This is the client side code:setting socket URL path in client side

This is the backend code : Setting path for socket.io in backend

This is the response which I am getting when running the code after doing the path changes. Web-Socket not giving 101 changing protocols

When I am trying to hit the web-socket request in the postman also I am not getting any connection. One observation I have made is that in the request URL, it is not taking the localhost:3333/api/ path. (If this is the issue, suggest any work arounds for this.) Web-socket request in postman

Without getting the web-socket connection, the server is not efficient for communication.

Anyone suggest working solutions for this.

0 Answers
Related