How to Use the Dual Camera Cable?

Viewed 30

My Goal:

I am trying to use two cameras on my Pi 4B with this Dual Camera Cable from Waveshare. It can switch between two cameras via one GPIO pin. I have now finally gotten it to work, however after each reboot I always need to connect one camera with a single cable and take a photo. Only then can I connect the dual-camera setup, which then works as intended (can switch via GPIO).

When I boot the Pi directly with the Dual Camera Cable connected, I get an error when trying to take pictures ("failed to enable component ENOSPC"). So again, I need to boot, take a picture with only a single camera attached, switch to the Dual Cams, then they work.

My Assumption: there is a communication error during the initialisation of the camera when using the Dual-Cable, so the initialisation needs to take place without the DualCam-Cable.

My Question: Is there any way I can circumvent this? I dont want to have to physically reconnect cables. Can I somehow "save" the camera initalisation that seems to take place when taking the picture with the single cam?

0 Answers
Related