I am new to the Amadeus API and generally the flight business as a whole but I have set up a dev account with Amadeus and I am on a test Plan at the moment. I made a call to the flightOffers API thus;
await Amadeus.shopping.flightOffersSearch.get({myRequestPayload})
I got a successful response with 2 offers. However, my confusion is around the field numberOfStops which is 0 in the response. Please see the segments below as copied from the response I got;
"segments": [
{
"departure": {
"iataCode": "SYD",
"terminal": "1",
"at": "2022-11-01T11:35:00"
},
"arrival": {
"iataCode": "MNL",
"terminal": "2",
"at": "2022-11-01T16:50:00"
},
"carrierCode": "PR",
"number": "212",
"aircraft": {
"code": "333"
},
"operating": {
"carrierCode": "PR"
},
"duration": "PT8H15M",
"id": "1",
"numberOfStops": 0,
"blacklistedInEU": false
},
{
"departure": {
"iataCode": "MNL",
"terminal": "1",
"at": "2022-11-01T19:20:00"
},
"arrival": {
"iataCode": "BKK",
"at": "2022-11-01T21:50:00"
},
"carrierCode": "PR",
"number": "732",
"aircraft": {
"code": "321"
},
"operating": {
"carrierCode": "PR"
},
"duration": "PT3H30M",
"id": "2",
"numberOfStops": 0,
"blacklistedInEU": false
}
]
From my understanding from what I have read recently about Direct, NonStops flights, this flight is definitely not NonStop since there is a stop at MNL. Hence I think the numberOfStops should be say 2 since:
- It is a round trip
- For each trip, it stops at MNL
I am just guessing this Number based on what is apparent to me. Please correct me If I am wrong.
- I need to understand why numberOfStops = 0 and not > 0.
- Is there a way to determine the numberOfStops without relying on the value returned?
Thanks and I anticipate any help soonest.