Textbox alternative for UWP apps

Viewed 56

I am developing a text editor in C# UWP and since now, I always used the RichEditBox. I modified it to only allow unformatted text input and stuff like that. But the performance of larger text is a big issue. It also has the problem, that it won't render the text anymore if there are more than 8900 lines. So I tried using the MonacoEditor for UWP, which was way better in text-rendering but the startup performance was very weak. Then I found a control, called CodeEditorControl, which is based on the Win2d library, but It also has bad performance in rendering large amounts of text.

The new Editor for Windows 11 has a very performant control, but I really could not find anything about it. Maybe someone knows more about it?

Is there any good control for UWP, which can handle a larger amount of text?

0 Answers
Related