I've got some code where I receive a string of languages in a text.
My goal is to turn this input into a list and iterate through this list in a dictionary to use as a key for value outputs. I send this output to a list to use later.
The output I am expecting is [57, 20, 22, 52, 60... etc] but currently, I am receiving
[57, None, None, None, None, None, None....etc]
My first output is correct but after that, It doesn't seem to find the correct value in the dict.
Code below.
l_languages = []
language_dict = { 'Afrikaans' : 57, 'Arabic' : 20, 'Assistive communication' : 21, 'AUSLAN' : 22, 'Bosnian' : 52,'Burmese' : 60, 'Cantonese' : 23, 'Croation' : 54, 'Dutch' : 50,'French' : 24, 'German' : 25, 'Greek' : 26,'Hindi' : 27, 'Indigenous Australian' : 310, 'Indonesian' : 56, 'Italian' : 28, 'Japanese' : 62, 'Korean' : 48, 'Mandarin' : 29, 'Nepali' : 55, 'Polish' : 30}
data = "Afrikaans, Arabic, Assistive communication, AUSLAN, Bosnian, Burmese, Cantonese, Croation, Dutch"
language_list = data.split(',')
for language in language_list:
id = language_dict.get(language)
l_languages.append(id)
print(l_languages)
current output = [57, None, None, None, None, None, None....etc]