I've got some JS data holding all kinds of data, numbers, child objects, arrays, etc in all manner of different structures:
let datapile = {
cover_img: { uid:'u2a3j4' },
avatar_img: { uid:'u5j3vg' },
created: 8273736384,
friends: [
{ name:'John', img: { uid:'u2726b' }, },
{ name:'Jane', parent: { profile_img: { uid:'u293k4' }, } },
],
occupation: {
past: current,
prior: {
title: 'Accountant',
company: {
logo: { img: { uid:'u29374' } },
}
},
},
...
}
And then I've got this JS list of images:
let imgs : [
{ uid:'u2a3j4', format:'jpg', alt_txt:'Lorem...', size:583729, dominant_color:'#d79273' },
{ uid:'u5j3vg', format:'png', alt_txt:'Lorem...', size:284849, dominant_color:'#f99383' },
{ uid:'u2726b', format:'gif', alt_txt:'Lorem...', size:293742, dominant_color:'#349a83' },
...
],
Now, what I need is a function I can call that will look through the datapile and append img data objects from the imgs list below. So where the datapile now has only the uid reference, it should have the entire img object. And I will then do the same with all kinds of other pieces of referenced data.
I've tried the following function:
function isArray(x){ return ( x !== undefined && Array.isArray(x) ) }
function isObject(x){ return (x && typeof x === "object" && !Array.isArray(x)) }
function get_item(type, uid) { /* loops through eg. imgs and returns img matching uid */ }
function append_referenced_relations(data){
if( !data ) return data
if( isObject(data) && data['uid'] !== undefined ) {
let item = get_item('any', data['uid'])
data = item
}
if( isObject(data) || isArray(data) ) {
for( let key in data ) {
data[key] = this.append_referenced_relations(deepClone(data[key]))
}
}
return data
}
... but I just can't get it to work. And my best googling efforts for similar scenarios have also come up empty. Can the internet help me out here?