I'm in the Pacific timezone and I'm creating a discord bot to send a message at 8am in CENTRAL time.
import os
import discord
from discord.ext import commands
from dotenv import load_dotenv
from rich import print
from apscheduler.schedulers.asyncio import AsyncIOScheduler
from apscheduler.triggers.cron import CronTrigger
load_dotenv()
TOKEN = os.getenv('DISCORD_TOKEN')
intents = discord.Intents.default()
intents.members = True
bot = commands.Bot(command_prefix = '!', intents=intents)
# Will become the good morning message
async def gm():
c = bot.get_channel(channel_id_removed)
await c.send("This will be the good morning message.")
@bot.event
async def on_ready():
for guild in bot.guilds:
print(
f'{bot.user} is connected to the following guild:\n'
f'\t{guild.name} (id: {guild.id})'
)
#initializing scheduler for time of day sending
scheduler = AsyncIOScheduler()
# Attempts to set the timezone
# scheduler = AsyncIOScheduler(timezone='America/Chicago')
# scheduler = AsyncIOScheduler({'apscheduler.timezone': 'America/Chicago'})
# scheduler.configure(timezone='America/Chicago')
# Set the time for sending
scheduler.add_job(gm, CronTrigger(hour="6", minute="0", second="0"))
#starting the scheduler
scheduler.start()
@bot.event
async def on_member_join(member):
general_channel = None
guild_joined = member.guild
print(guild_joined)
general_channel = discord.utils.get(guild_joined.channels, name='general')
print(f'General Channel ID: {general_channel}')
if general_channel:
embed=discord.Embed(title="Welcome!",description=f"Welcome to The Dungeon {member.mention}!!")
await general_channel.send(embed=embed)
bot.run(TOKEN)
Environment:
Windows 10
Python 3.10.4
APScheduler 3.9.1
pytz 2022.1
pytz-deprecation-shim 0.1.0.post0
tzdata 2022.1
tzlocal 4.2
I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong? Or if what I'm trying to do simply isn't supported? It works if I use my local time so I know the function is ok.