I have a function that factor a number. It depends on some random condition.
So what I am trying to do it's to run multiple processors in this function and the processor that finds the factor first returns the value and all processors terminate.
What I have so far is very wrong. The processors are not terminating and I also don't know how to get the value that was returned by the function
flag = False
def rho(n, processor):
while True:
x = random.randrange(1, n-1)
x2 = x
gcd = 1
c = random.randrange(1, n-1)
while gcd == 1:
x = (x**2 + c) % n
x2 = (x2**2 + c) % n
x2 = (x2**2 + c) % n
gcd = math.gcd(abs(x - x2), n)
if gcd != n:
flag = True
print("Factor was found from "+process+" and is ", gcd)
return gcd
if __name__ == "__main__":
p1 = multiprocessing.Process(target=rho, args=(91, "process 1" ))
p2 = multiprocessing.Process(target=rho, args=(91, "process 2"))
p1.start()
p2.start()
if flag:
p1.terminate()
p2.terminate()
The output is:
Factor was found from process 2 and is 13
Factor was found from process 1 and is 7