What am I doing
- Open FTP -> public_html -> laravel folder.
- Copy all files from local directory to laravel folder
- Open URL of the site and get this on the screen
https://i.stack.imgur.com/IbsvQ.png
Problem is simple, it opens directory, and not lead to index.php in public/ directory.
I tried everything I found in Google, like:
Move .htaccess file from /public to laravel directory and change it, like this:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
Options -MultiViews
</IfModule>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteRule ^ ^$1 [N]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (\.\w+$) [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ public/$1
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^ server.php
It works, but not completely, it load site, but it doesn't load .css and .js (static files) from public directory, which is normally, after I moved out .htaccess files, so I should change asset() everywhere in the project and add "public/", which doesn't look OK for me.
Instead of moving .htaccess I tried to edit index.php file, like most of the tutorials show:
require __DIR__.'/../vendor/autoload.php';
to
require __DIR__.'/../laravel/vendor/autoload.php';
and
$app = require_once __DIR__.'/../bootstrap/app.php';
to
$app = require_once __DIR__.'/../laravel/bootstrap/app.php';
It doesn't work.
Is there a way to handle this, without edit asset() everywhere in my project ?