I made a screen like the current image.
Data such as A, B, C.. are currently being set by getting from the strings.xml resource file.
I am now going to use Room DB instead of strings.xml and I want to get these data from Room.
To do this, we need to pre-populate the Room with data.
In the sample code I found, the method called addCallback() was usually used.
like this :
@Database(entities = arrayOf(Data::class), version = 1)
abstract class DataDatabase : RoomDatabase() {
abstract fun dataDao(): DataDao
companion object {
@Volatile private var INSTANCE: DataDatabase? = null
fun getInstance(context: Context): DataDatabase =
INSTANCE ?: synchronized(this) {
INSTANCE ?: buildDatabase(context).also { INSTANCE = it }
}
private fun buildDatabase(context: Context) =
Room.databaseBuilder(context.applicationContext,
DataDatabase::class.java, "Sample.db")
// prepopulate the database after onCreate was called
.addCallback(object : Callback() {
override fun onCreate(db: SupportSQLiteDatabase) {
super.onCreate(db)
// insert the data on the IO Thread
ioThread {
getInstance(context).dataDao().insertData(PREPOPULATE_DATA)
}
}
})
.build()
val PREPOPULATE_DATA = listOf(Data("1", "val"), Data("2", "val 2"))
}
}
However, as you can see from the code, in the end, data (here, val PREPOPULATE_DATA) is being created again within the code. (In another code, db.execSQL() is used)
In this way, there is no difference from fetching data from resource file in the end.
Is there any good way?
Developer documentation uses assets and files.
However, it is said that it is not supported within In-memory Room databases.
In this case, I do not know what In-memory means, so I am not using it.
