Tornado error about attributes when deploying a server

Viewed 39

I'm trying to run a program that works with Tornado (https://github.com/oduwsdl/CarbonDate), however, when I try to deploy a server with it, I get multiple errors from Tornado. I'm a bit exhausted, so it might be a dumb question, but could anyone help me understand what this error is/how to solve it? I have already installed and updated all the necessary packages to get it working, along with upgrading nbconvert, but I still get the error.

$ sudo ./main.py -l https://theuselessweb.com/

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/h311p0w517/programs/CarbonDate/./main.py", line 4, in <module>
    import server
  File "/home/h311p0w517/programs/CarbonDate/server.py", line 22, in <module>
    class CarbonDateServer(tornado.web.RequestHandler):
  File "/home/h311p0w517/programs/CarbonDate/server.py", line 27, in CarbonDateServer
    @tornado.web.asynchronous
AttributeError: module 'tornado.web' has no attribute 'asynchronous'
1 Answers

@tornado.web.asynchronous decorator was removed in Tornado v6. The github repo you linked is very old.

To run this code, you should install an older version of Tornado. Try version 5.1 or 4.5.

Related