Hardhat is not compiling

Viewed 352

I have been trying to test out hardhat. I follow the guide on https://hardhat.org/getting-started/#quick-start. I use the sample project as mentioned. When I try to compile with npx hardhat compile nothing ever gets compiled (Nothing to compile). Also artifact folder never gets created. I tried it also with different projects, inside power shell and also visual studio code and the code is never compiling. Is there something I could do to fix it?

4 Answers

npm install glob@7.2.0 Try this it is Working for me

Just downgrade the version of hardhat to 2.9.3 and it should work fine.

For anyone having the same problem, I found a fix that works for now npm install glob@7.2.0. Hopefully future releases fix this problem.

Also, you can change the version of the compiler (in both contracts and hardhat.config.js ) it worked for me. hopefully, it'll be fixed soon.

Related