I am recently writing a JUnit test and I acknowledged that Mockito either needs all Raw values or using all Matchers but I find the following case still fails with all Matchers, error message is:
Invalid use of argument matchers! 0 matchers expected, 1 recorded:
I tested a little bit and it looks like something to do with using a stub method as value for the eq() Matcher. See example below:
I have a Class A very simple
public class A {
public void testMockitoMatcher(double a, String b){
}
}
Here is my test case
import org.junit.Test;
import static org.mockito.Mockito.*;
public class SomeUnitTest {
private A mockA = mock(A.class);
@Test
public void allMatchersDoesntWork() {
Object mockObject = mock(Object.class);
String someString = "Just some mocked String value to return";
when(mockObject.toString()).thenReturn(someString);
mockA.testMockitoMatcher(1312d, mockObject.toString());
verify(mockA, times(1)).testMockitoMatcher(anyDouble(), eq(someString)); //<- This works
verify(mockA, times(1)).testMockitoMatcher(anyDouble(), eq(mockObject.toString())); //<- This doesn't by using stub method toString() to return the String value as param to eq()
}
}
I also verified by using debug at 2nd verify statement that mockObject.toString() can still return the stubbed value for me. Also both verify use all Matchers, why mockito still gives me only 1 Matchers recorded instead of 2 at the 2nd verify?
Thanks!