I'd be happy about some enlightenment on the use of "graph 0" and "graph 1":
Goal is to draw rectangles into a graph, but while painting the whole background works, horizontal stripes don't, when I try to use graph 0 and graph 1 to indicate the left and right boundaries.
I'm following the second example at http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo/rectangle.html
reset session
set xrange [0:6]
set yrange [0:25]
set obj 1 rect from graph 0,graph 0 to graph 1,graph 1 fc "red" # paint the background
set obj 2 rect from graph 0,5 to graph 1,12 fc "green" # produces nothing
set obj 3 rect from 'graph 0', 3 to 'graph 1',10 fc "blue" # produces nothing
set obj 4 rect from 'graph 0', 4 to 6,8 fc "yellow" # this works. '...' and 6 required
plot 'data02.txt'
What am I missing?
My gnuplot is 5.2.8 on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Thanks for your help!
