If I want to describe some information such as ordering, if the model is proxy or abstract, which fields must be unique together, then I need to put this information in class named Meta that is inside of my model class. But if I want to change the manager I put information about it in the model class itself.
class Product(models.Model):
class Meta:
unique_together = ...
ordering = ...
objects = My manager()
Why did Django developers made such design decision (forcing to put some information about the model in the Meta inner class instead of the model class itself)? Why wouldn't they just let me put "ordering", "uniwue_tpgether" in the model class itself?
EDIT: Anentropic commented about it being a kind of namespacing. I thought about it while creating the question. If Meta inner class is a way of namespacing metainformation about the model so I'm free to create fields in the model class itself then why wasn't objects attribute put in the Meta class? There are many more attributes (save, refresh_from_db, get_deffered_fields, and more) that exist in the model class itself rather than in the Meta class that can collide with my field names if I dont know about them.