I hope someone can help me with a school project.
The question is -
A university wants a print-out of how many students failed the first year mathematics final examination. Each record contains the student’s number, name, mathematics score and maximum score possible. Each student must have a report printed with his or her number, name, percentage and a remark stating whether a pass or fail is achieved (50% and above is a pass). Processing continues until a student number of 0 is entered. Count how many students failed, as well as the total number of students, and print these totals
I am trying to get the student number from user input to either loop or break out of the loop but I can't get it to work.
I've changed my code so many times but this is my last attempt -
total_students = 0
total_fail = 0
while True:
student_number = int(input("what is your student number? "))
name = input("What is your name?")
math_score = int(input("Math score?"))
max_score = int(input("Max score? "))
if student_number == 0:
print(total_fail)
print(total_students)
if math_score / max_score * 100 >= 50:
print("You passed")
total_students += 1
elif math_score / max_score * 100 < 50:
print("You failed")
total_fail += 1
total_students += 1