I have a dataframe having country_name, date and several columns: column_1, column_2and column_3. I am trying to extract the latest record based on date across several columns.
The dataframe looks like this:
| country_name | date | column_1| column_2| column_3|
| US | 2016-11-02 | 7.5 | NA | NA |
| US | 2017-09-12 | NA | NA | 9 |
| US | 2017-09-19 | NA | 8 | 10 |
| US | 2020-02-10 | 10 | NA | NA |
| US | 2021-03-10 | NA | NA | 7.3 |
| US | 2021-05-02 | NA | 3 | NA |
| UK | 2016-11-02 | NA | 2 | NA |
| UK | 2017-09-12 | 0.5 | 3 | NA |
.
.
For the US the desired output is:
| country_name | column_1| column_2| column_3|
| US | 10 | 3 | 7.3 |
For column_1, the value with the latest date is 10 (date: 2020-02-10),
for column_2 is 3 (date: 2021-05-02), and for column_3 is 7.3 (date: 2021-03-10). My goal is to apply this logic across several countries. How do I achieve this?