Error when using knit/markdown: bkm [name of chunk] should only contain alphanumeric characters?

Viewed 505

Unfortunately I can't produce a code for this error since it has arisen without change of code in a huge .rmd file of mine.

When trying to knit the document with markdown, which has previously worked flawlessly, I get this error:

Error: bkm [name of chunk] should only contain alphanumeric characters, ':', '-' and '_'. Execution halted

Does anyone know already the cause of this, or what bkm stands for, which could assist me in finding the true reason for the error?

Best regards

2 Answers

Thank you @SamR and @Julian for your kind replies. I did split the file into several pieces, and eventually the solution was to not include spaces in the chunk names, ie:

'''{r Name_of_cunk, eval=T, include=T, echo=F}
'''

Instead of

'''{r Name of cunk, eval=T, include=T, echo=F}
'''

This is only true for chunks that include Tables created using the package table1.

Best regards

I had the same problem. I solved it by removing mathematical signs from the label of the table.

Related