Introduction
I've been assigned to an old Java Facets application, and in order to do my work I have to do a reverse ingeneering task first, hence running the project on my machine.
Problem
So the project seems to build fine and it's supposed to run on a Tomcat 7 server but it's been 3 days now and i've tried pratically everything I could think of to fix this single output :
/home//.jdks/temurin-17.0.3/bin/java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath /tmp/classpath1653361017.jar com.intellij.javaee.oss.process.JavaeeProcess 40057 org.jetbrains.idea.tomcat.agent.TomEEAgent
/home//apache-tomee-plume-7.0.9/bin/catalina.sh run
[2022-05-11 09:49:54,280] Artifact MyProject:war exploded: Waiting for server connection to start artifact deployment...
/home/azesa/apache-tomee-plume-7.0.9/bin/catalina.sh: line 427: /var/lib/snapd/snap/intellij-idea-ultimate/353/bin/java: No such file or directory
Disconnected from server
Stuff I tried
- I tried to manually configure the catalina.sh but ended up breaking it.
- I changed the /etc/profile file and added two export statements one of the JAVA_HOME and the other for the CATALINA_HOME
- I have also copied the WAR file in the /webapps directory trying to run doirectly, but it's too messy and it oesn't seem to work
Please HELP