I created a release Java Keystore (.keystore) file to publish my apps on Google Play Store on a machine with Windows. The .keystore file is working, as I can publish my apps successfully. But when I use the same release .keystore file on a Mac, I get the following error message when trying to submit my app to Google Play Store:
Failed to read key release from store "/Users/samuelpetroline/Documents/bem-hortifruti-app/android/app/release.keystore": Invalid keystore format
I am using the same file on both OS and they're placed at the same location in my project. I also tried to copy the file with different tools, as I thought I was corrupting the file somehow when copying the file.
Is there something specific I should be looking for when using the same .keystore file on different machines/OS ?
PS: I don't know if this info is relevant but I am using React Native and building/deploying my app with fastlane.