Visual Studio Python Tests, Debugger not hitting breakpoints

Viewed 83

Problem:

When trying to Run Debug on a Test, breakpoints are not hit. The breakpoint symbol displays a message that the

breakpoint cannot be hit because symbols where not loaded for that file (translated)

In the Output I can see that for some modules the message

Module was loaded without symbols (translated)

appears, but I do not know how to solve this message.

BUT When I execute the start file of my application ( with debugging) breakpoints are hit normally.

Addition When using the menu option Project -> start with debugging with a test file the breakpoints are hit. But not when clicking on a test in the test explorer and using debug.

Background:

  • IDE: Visual Studio 2019 and 2022
  • Language: Python 3.9
  • Testframework: unittest
  • I made sure that the version is Debug and Any CPU

I was able to work normally for a while but the debugger seemlingly broke without me changing any configurations or installing any modules.

Already Tried:

  • De-/activating Only own code ( Debug options )
  • Restarting the IDE
  • Updating the IDE
  • Deleting visual studio folders and caches
  • I do not have any "module" window to try and load resources
  • I do not have any option to "cleane solution"

I am aware that there are other similar questions avaiable but the answers on those do not work for me as most of them are realted to C# or C++ project files and I specifically have problems with python unittest

0 Answers
Related