In making an ER schema for a simple database, I have encountered the following problem:
- I get a cycle in the diagram, which I don't know if it is redundant or I could eliminate it somehow.
I present the problem on a large scale:
- The visit entity records visits to London by a vehicle. This entity contains information on their arrival, departure and total visit time.
- The vehicle entity contains information on the vehicle's place of origin, CO2 emissions and its number plate.
- The entity date contains information for each date of the day of the week to which it corresponds and the name of the holiday for any region added.
The region of the entity Date is matched to the Vehicle region. The entry_date/end_date of the entity Visit is matched to the date of the entity Date. Finally, the number plate of the entity Vehicle is matched to the number plate of the entity Visit. In this way, the cycle that I mentioned at the beginning appears.
The ER diagram is as follows:
If there are any questions about the problem that I have not explained, please do not hesitate to ask me. I welcome suggestions for improving the ER diagram, either to remove the cycle or to simply keep it as it is if you think it is correct.

