I'm building an android application with 3 menus using bottom navigation. I created new project in Android Studio using Bottom Navigation Activity.
I renamed the fragment to: InfoFragment.kt, DetectFragment.kt, AboutFragment.kt,
renamed the layout in src/main/res/layout to fragment_info.xml, fragment_detect.xml, fragment_about.xml,
renamed the menu in src/main/res/menu to navigation_info, navigation_detect, navigation_about
In the fragment_about.xml I added a Button buttonGoToFAQ to navigate to fragment_faq like this with this code in AboutFragment.kt
buttonGoToFAQ.setOnClickListener {
val action = AboutFragmentDirections.actionFAQ()
Navigation.findNavController(it).navigate(action)
}
After I clicked BottomNavigationView menu either navigation_info or navigation_detect, and go back by clicking navigation_about menu, the selected menu on the BottomNavigationView is not changed.
See this picture.
What I want is menu navigation_about should have been selected instead of other menu.
I already tried overriding fun onStart() and fun onResume() in FAQFragment.kt but to no avail.
nav_view is my BottomNavigationView.
override fun onStart() {
super.onStart()
(requireActivity().findViewById<View>(R.id.nav_view) as BottomNavigationView).selectedItemId =
R.id.navigation_about
}
I also recognize that all the BottomNavigationView menu's id have the same ids as the id in the src/main/res/navigation xml file