Creating a graph with several variables in ggplot, I map the colours using scale_colour_manual but the graph and legend applies the wrong colour to the wrong variable and the whole thing is mixed up. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
I have 9 variables in my data and plotting just 6 of them. Could this be why?
Here is a sample of my code:
library(ggplot)
csv2 <- read.delim("data.csv", sep=(","), skip=2, header = TRUE)
colnames(csv2) <-
c('kp','var1','var2','var3', 'var4', 'var5', 'var6', 'var7', 'var8', 'var9')
n <- 28
split(csv2, factor(sort(rank(row.names(csv2))%%n))) -> splitdata
list2env(setNames(splitdata,paste0("splitdata",1:28)), environment())
ggplot() + geom_path(data= splitdata1, aes(x=kp, y=var4, colour="var4")) +
geom_path(data= splitdata1, aes(x=kp, y=var6, colour="var6")) +
geom_path(data= splitdata1, aes(x=kp, y=var5, colour="var5")) +
geom_path(data= splitdata1, aes(x=kp, y=var7, colour="var7")) +
geom_path(data= splitdata1, aes(x=kp, y=var8, colour="var8")) +
geom_path(data= splitdata1, aes(x=kp, y=var9, colour="var9")) +
labs(y="Depth (m)", x="KP", title="Track") +
theme_bw() +
scale_colour_manual(labels= c("var4", "var6", "var5", "var7", "var8","var9"),
values = c("red","red","green", "green", "blue","darkgrey"))+
theme(axis.text.x=element_text(size=14), axis.title.x = element_text(size=16),
axis.text.y=element_text(size=14), axis.title.y = element_text(size=16),
plot.title = element_text(size=20, face="bold", color = "darkblue"))
And I get this:

Essentially, var5 and var6 are in the wrong place according to the colour.
However, if I remove scale_colour_manual, I get the colours where I want them (outside of aes()), but then I lose the legend.
What can I do to solve this?
Here is an example of the data:
> head(splitdata1)
kp var1 var2 var3 var4 var5 var6 var7 var8 var9
1 101.699 0.01 0.01 0.00 -93.46 -93.47 -92.713 -92.723 -93.33 -93.33
2 101.700 0.01 0.01 0.01 -93.47 -93.48 -92.723 -92.733 -93.34 -93.35
3 101.701 0.02 0.02 0.01 -93.47 -93.49 -92.723 -92.743 -93.35 -93.36
4 101.702 0.03 0.03 0.03 -93.47 -93.50 -92.723 -92.753 -93.34 -93.37
5 101.703 0.05 0.05 0.06 -93.47 -93.52 -92.723 -92.773 -93.32 -93.38
6 101.704 0.06 0.06 0.08 -93.47 -93.53 -92.723 -92.783 -93.33 -93.40

