I have a PHP project (WordPress theme) with Vite and PostCSS to bundle my JS and CSS files.
The output directory is build and everything worked, but as soon as I import fonts or images in my CSS, Vite copies them into the build folder and changes the paths in the source.
File structure:
styles
|- tailwind.css
|- fonts
|- fa-brands-400.eot
|- fa-brands-400.woff
|- fa-brands-400.woff2
|- fa-brands-400.svg
|- fa-brands-400.ttf
js
|- index.js
vite.config.js
...
In my tailwind.css, I'm importing the font:
@font-face{
font-family:"Font Awesome 5 Brands";
font-style:normal;
font-weight:400;
font-display:block;
src:url(../styles/fonts/font_awesome/fa-brands-400.eot);
src:url(../styles/fonts/font_awesome/fa-brands-400.eot?#iefix) format("embedded-opentype"),url( ../styles/fonts/font_awesome/fa-brands-400.woff2) format("woff2"),url(../styles/fonts/font_awesome/fa-brands-400.woff) format("woff"),url(../styles/fonts/font_awesome/fa-brands-400.ttf) format("truetype"),url(../styles/fonts/font_awesome/fa-brands-400 .svg#fontawesome) format("svg")
}
The problem, Vite copied the imported font files to my build folder and my font import now looks like this (in build/tailwind.css:
@font-face{
font-family:"Font Awesome 5 Brands";
font-style:normal;
font-weight:400;
font-display:block;
src:url(/fa-brands-400.eot);
src:url(/fa-brands-400.eot?#iefix) format("embedded-opentype"),url(/fa-brands-400.woff2) format("woff2"),url(/fa-brands-400.woff) format("woff"),url(/fa-brands-400.ttf) format("truetype"),url(/fa-brands-400.svg#fontawesome) format("svg")
}
Is there a way to disable this? I just want Vite to bundle my JS and CSS, but don't include my assets.
My vite.config.js looks like this:
import postcssImport from "postcss-import"
import tailwindcssNesting from "tailwindcss/nesting"
import tailwindcss from "tailwindcss"
import autoprefixer from "autoprefixer"
import postcssScss from "postcss-scss"
import { defineConfig } from "vite"
export default defineConfig({
build: {
outDir: "build",
cssCodeSplit: true,
emptyOutDir: true,
minify: false,
assetsDir: "",
rollupOptions: {
input: {
index: "js/index.js",
tailwind: "styles/tailwind.css",
},
output: {
entryFileNames: "[name].js",
assetFileNames: "[name].[ext]",
},
},
},
css: {
postcss: {
syntax: postcssScss,
plugins: [postcssImport, tailwindcssNesting, tailwindcss, autoprefixer],
},
},
clearScreen: true,
publicDir: false,
})