I have a shapefile here: https://login.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8c6c63865a6574bcaa69 I have a shapefile of California red legged frog that I am overlaying on top of California, however, the range of these frogs extends outside of California and going into Mexico. I only want the frog data from California, how can I trim data extending into Mexico? I tried to use subset to separate the 'ORIGIN' but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Thanks for any help beforehand..
library(rgdal)
library(tidyverse)
ranas <- readOGR(dsn = ".", layer = "data_0")
names(ranas)
# Coerce into a dataframe
ranas4 <- fortify(ranas)
head(ranas4)
cali_map <- map_data("state",region="california")
counties <- map_data("county",region="California")
head(counties)
windows(w=9)
ggplot(cali_map, aes(x = long, y = lat, group = group)) +
geom_polygon() +
geom_polygon(data = ranas4, fill = "green")
ggplot(cali_map, aes(x = long, y = lat, group = group)) +
geom_polygon(fill = "cornsilk4", col = "cornsilk") +
geom_polygon(data=counties,color="black",fill="lightgoldenrod") +
geom_polygon(data = ranas4, fill = "green", alpha = 0.5) +
theme_void() +
theme(panel.background = element_rect(fill = "cornsilk")) +
coord_map("albers",lat=90,lat1=80)
# Tried to trim data outside California (Mexico data) with no success.
#I tried:
ranas2 <- subset(ranas,ORIGIN !=1)
but it doesn't have any effect or subsets anything.
