How to write a Shell extension in C++ for new Windows 11 context menus?

Viewed 277

There's already a question about writing Shell Extensions up to Windows 10 here:

How to write a shell extension in C++?

Since Windows 11, the right-click context menu has changed:

Windows 11 Shell menu

A new Share menu has also been created:

Windows 11 Share menu

How do I create an entry in this new menu? I know that previous Shell Extensions are accessible via the "Show more options" entry, but that's not what I am looking for.

There is limited material on the Internet about this subject. So far, I have found:

  • This blog post about what possibilities Windows 11 offers and some limited information about involved classes. However it does not give enough information to get started.

  • This detailed article about how to do it. It gives step-by-step instructions on how to do it and provides an example, but it does not work.

0 Answers
Related